Mr. Biggs, my sweet cat

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

STUFF

There's nothing like a major move to humble you.

What do I mean by that?  Well, I mean that... well stuff!!!  We have a lot of stuff.  Cute stuff, useless stuff, good stuff, stuff we might use someday, stuff we've never used... stuff, stuff, stuff!!!!

Why? 

It is an inherent need to hold on to things.  We fear we are going to forget. Hal and I have great memories in the things we have, but we need to trust our brains.  Our brains will keep what's important and what's not.  But what if it doesn't?

Yikes, its hard to trust it, isn't it?  Especially with Alzheimer's and Dementia lurking.


I'm attaching some photos that don't mean a thing to you, but will show you boxes of "stuff".  This is the stuff we are keeping.
I think I better fix this tipping stack, don't you?



Oops, how did that get in there?  Silly Grand daughter found some of our stuff!  hahaha     !!

Do you see the numbers on the boxes, I'm such an organized person, I have numbered each box and I have a pad of paper that describes what is in the box.  Some day I'm going to transfer it to a word document.

So What's my philosophy? 
If you are going to have stuff, make sure you have a place to put it!

No comments:

Post a Comment