Mr. Biggs, my sweet cat

Monday, November 22, 2010

THESE ARE THE LAST DAYS.....

Well, am winding down from 24 years at my job.  State Farm insurance companies. It was a hard ride, good days & bad days.  It was hard trying to fit into the holes they  needed me to fit into. Sometimes I just couldn't do it. Other times I fit nicely.  SF is too big, they aren't the fun, family company anymore.  It is a good time to leave. They paid for my whole degree, trip to Texas and all my insurance designations.  They paid me to attend CPCU events and supported me when I attended volunteer activities.  That was the good part.  But they seemed to have lost individualism.  And now we are all machines, or maybe they all want us to be machines and that way don't have to deal with personality.
Roll
So my new adventure will begin in about 41 days. And I am excited.  And a bit frightened of the unknown.
Please see my posting of my poem I found amongst all my stuff above. I love this poem I wrote many years ago, That Ole' Church Hall. Not sure what inspired it, I don't attend a church like that!  I still can't believe I wrote it.  Going through my things and blowing off the dust and reminiscing is fun. I hope I can pass some of this stuff down to my posterity.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! (my two followers anyway! Joke!)
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Smash

No comments:

Post a Comment