Mr. Biggs, my sweet cat

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I have accomplished much today!

Well for all of you whom want to know how I am...  I am good.  I did something amazing today and am proud of myself. It was one of my biggest worries. I drove in slushy snow!  At first I was scared.  I came out of our drive way with my Prius and I could NOT get any traction and so when I turned on the road, I went about 6 miles an hour for about 30 seconds.  NO matter what I did nothing would happen.  I kept putting along and finally got up to 23 miles per hour. A truck came up behind me and I thought for sure he/she would honk at me, but I guess if you live here, you expect that.  It was crazy!  I lost traction several times, slid a bit, but kept my composure.  I am discovering that I never panic or freak out when I face danger, but have a good strong composure.  AFTERWARDS, I fall apart!  haha.  

So I couldn't find this restaurant and pulled into a mall instead.  I sat there and pouted.  I got my second wind, plugged in the address in my Droid's GPS, which by the way, is awesome!  It said I was 1.4 miles from the restaurant. So I got back in my car and drove very slowly.  I can't believe it, I found it!!!  I really felt someone was watching over my shoulder and helping me out.  So got out of my car, pulled up the windshield wipers and went in to lunch with my fellow New York CPCUs.  It was wonderful, but more than that, I had faced my biggest fear! 

It was very satisfying!

While I was there,   a young lady told me she used to have a Prius too. She said they do not get traction in this kind of weather. I was surprised because several people told me this car would do well here.  She said it has something to do with it being a Hybrid car.  Hummmmm,  so what do I do?  She suggested snow tires with spikes.
Guess I'll be looking into what that costs now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I would not drive at all unless I had someone in the car with me to help me out. The guy in the truck probably understood why you were taking your time. Especially since your plate reads Arizona. (unless you already had it changed.) Having a GPS is AWESOME! Ha, I have one on my phone too!

    ReplyDelete