Mr. Biggs, my sweet cat

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cold weather ahead

Everyone keeps telling me to get ready for the cold weather here in Albany, NY and I think I am. I 've never lived in it for any period of time, but I have done my research!!  So I think I am prepared.  This first photo I had on three shirts, a sweatshirt and a jacket, my core was warm. Of course it did help that my core got a LARGE hot chocolate to keep it that way!  LOL.  then I had on tights under my jeans with long warm socks and an extra pair over that, plus very warm quarter length boots.  My feet were not extremely warm, but they were not uncomfortably cold either.  A+ there.  Then I had on the thickest gloves I had bought in Arizona... why you ask? .. not sure.  but they kept my hands from not freezing either.  I had to take them off occasionally to do different things. Then I wore a hat to keep heat in my body & cover my ears. Here I would have done something different.  I need a hat that I can pull way down over my ears.  So I did pretty good considering it was like 46 degrees and I was just sitting watching my husband officiate a high school football game.  I didn't want to sit at home and waste precious time I could be spending with my husband, since I go back to AZ in three days.
Photo time!!
AND, It is official!!  Hal registered his truck here in New York. We both went to DMV and the lady behind the counter was actually very nice!!!  Here is the evidence!
I went and interviewed with a State Farm agent recently and had a very nice talk here in the town of Bethlehem. It was so very beautiful there.  We will see what happens in December when I am here for good.  I also talked to the Regional office in Balston Spa where State Farm has all of the operations departments and it doesn't look good for me at all!  So I am guessing I won't be working for the company after December. But we expected that and I feel good about the  move.
I am sure this is where we are supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment